In which Armed Forces branch did you serve?
United States Army
1st Battalion, 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg
How long did you serve?
Chris served 6 years – (5) Active Duty and (1) Inactive due to injury
What made you decide to serve?
As a child, Chris always had a fascination with the Military. This was partly because he grew up in a military and law enforcement family. He tells us it was a no brainer that he would eventually join. One day Chris woke up and told himself it was time to do his part.
What is your most memorable or impactful experience over the course of your service?
Chris noted that his most impactful experience was learning to live the Army Values and follow the fundamental belief of the Airborne Soldier:
- Loyalty – Bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, the Army, your unit and other soldiers.
- Duty – Fulfill your obligations.
- Respect – Treat people as they should be treated.
- Selfless Service – Put the welfare of the nation, the Army, and your subordinates before your own.
- Honor – Live up to all the Army values.
- Integrity – Do what’s right, legally and morally.
- Personal Courage – Face fear, danger, or adversity
My most memorable experiences came from the relationships that I built while I deployed. You join the Army as an individual but you leave as part of a family!
– Chris Warman