Mary Jo Miller joined the HRI, Inc. family in 2000.
Since becoming the Environmental Coordinator, Mary Jo’s responsibilities include making sure that HRI show 100% environmental compliance when it comes to our jobs. When making sure that IA is following the environmental guidelines he reaches out to following agencies that help make his jobs environmental friendly: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP), Labor & Industry, County Conservation Districts, PA Fish & Boat Commission, Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE), & Department of Conservation of Natural Resources (DCNR).
To keep HRI environmentally friendly, the company is constantly looking at innovative ways to reduce energy consumption. We have never settled for the “it isn’t possible” mindset instead we focus on “how can we achieve great results.” With this mindset, we have had successful environmental achievements such as produce profit or cost saving results.
Some examples of how HRI,Inc. reduces their impact on the environment:
- Recycling: Processing of RAP—this was one of the first approvals I got to be a part of when I started at IA. This was a major cost savings implementation.
- Conservation: using reprocessed waste oil at the plants—major cost savings.
- Conservation: switching plants to Natural Gas lowering emissions
- Conservation: Warm Mix Initiative—lower temperatures=lower fuel=cost savings & lower emissions
- Conservation: Stockpile Management—lower moisture=less fuel to dry=cost savings & lower emissions